Constitution: Rules & Regulations
1. To become a WomenBizSENSE member, you must be a Woman Business Owner with a registered business with the Companies Commission of Malaysia or Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia.
(You are a sole proprietor, director, managing director or partner in a business. You will be asked to provide your business registration details when you apply.)
2. Your application will be approved by our WomenBizSENSE Committee. We will notify you once your application is approved, usually via email or phone. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, please email our Secretary to check on your application status.
3. Join us ONLY IF you can attend our meetings (once a month, on the last Friday of the month).
If you are approved as a member but you do not attend meetings, you will not benefit at all. Members need to attend at least 5 out of 10 monthly meetings a year. Social events are not considered meetings. Consider this before you apply.
4. Membership fees are RM120 annually (+ RM10 one-time admin fee). You’ll be informed regarding payment of membership fees once your application is approved.
5. You can attend our meetings for a maximum of 2 times as a guest. Guests pay a guest fee of RM20 which covers the cost of refreshments.
6. Your membership will not be approved if you are involved in illegal business, non-registered business, money-lending activities, get-rich-quick schemes or selling of counterfeit goods, are bankrupt or convicted of a criminal offense. Any false declaration of information on your part gives the Committee the right to terminate and cancel your membership immediately.
7. Our association is a state-based registered association with no chapters or branches outside of the state of Penang.
8. Our registered and postal address is 56, Lorong Selamat, 10400 George Town, Penang. However, we currently hold all our monthly meetings at YMCA, Jalan Macalister, Penang (opposite Island Hospital).
9. Ordinary membership is open to Malaysian women, 18 years or older, residing in the state of Penang irrespective of race or religion. They must own a registered business with the with the Companies Commission of Malaysia or Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia. Members are entitled to vote and to stand for office in the association, participate in all activities
Members are entitled to vote and to stand for office in the association, participate in all activities organized by the association and enjoy or utilize the facilities or benefits provided by the association. Members should also pay all fees due to the association.
10. Associate membership is open to those who do not meet the criteria of the Ordinary membership. It is by invitation only.
11. An entrance fee of RM10 is paid upon entry a member in addition to the annual membership fee of RM120. Membership fees are due by the 7th of January each year and payable to the Treasurer.
To read the constitution in full, contact our Secretary to get a PDF copy (available in Bahasa Malaysia only).